Our story begins at the of the first world conflict, near Monza’s industrial Area. The foundation of the company “Società Accomandataria Cooperativa Officine Meccaniche Monzesi” dates back to 1918, through a plan of machining processing on behalf of third parties. The company gains new momentum and starts manufacturing of tools, drills, lathes, grinders, special machines and, most importantly, centerless grinders.
The designing and manufacturing of the first centerless grinder named “N° 0”, on behalf of Tavolazzi & Fumagalli, dates back to the first half of the ’20s, shortly followed by “N° 1” of which production will continue, along with machining processing on behalf of third parties, until 1953. 1939 is a pivotal year, in which Giovanni Salvioni makes his first appearance at Officine Meccaniche Monzesi as a technical engineer, and will later play a crucial role in determining the fortunes of the company.